The importance of consistency in business seems so basic as to not need discussion but in reality it's one of the most important things you need to be doing to make a real impact on how your business grows and sharing the 5 Ways to Increase Consistency in Your Business will help you with your daily actions.
Consistency runs deep throughout your business practices and can make a real impact on how your business grows. You can have the best, most perfect strategy in the world, but if you don’t execute it consistently, it won’t do you any good.
Consistency plays a role in how you interact with your customers, what you post, what visuals you use, your marketing strategy, your content, and the list goes on and on. Consistency is what allows you to grow your business; it’s the underlying secret sauce to all your strategies and your day-to-day operations. Without consistency, you and your business will struggle.
Your audience is watching you and looking to see if your consistent. This is one of the main reasons that you lose your audience, if they think they can't rely on you and be there for them by not showing up consistenly.
Extraordinary results can only be achieved when you’re clear about what matters most by having daily and weekly goals, being focused, having a strong set of values and then being consistent on a daily basis will continue to open doors and set you up for future success.
It seems most people give up right before they are going to have success. No matter how hard it get's, Never ever give up!
HAVE A WHY THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY AND A VISION THAT WILL PULL YOU
- The number one thing that you need to know is “Why” are you building your business.
- It needs to be stronger than I want to make money…Go way deeper than that. Ask the question why 7 times to come up with a deeper why. Example: I need more money…Why do you need more money and continue breaking it down again and again.
- It's difficult to be consistent if the temptation to quit is stronger than your goals.
- It should be scarier for you to NOT reach your goals than to overcome the fears holding you back.
- Identifying your key motivations will drastically change your mindset and your ability to make the right choices every moment of every day.
- Having a detailed Vision will keep you motivated, focused and consistent to do the things that will grow your business.
- Your Vision has to be so powerful it will pull you and keep you moving forward even if you don't feel like working that day.
- You have to focus on your Vision daily and see it in the future as if it is already happening. Visualization, Mental Rehearsal and Meditation will help you with this.
- Guard your mind and thoughts like a hawk – It's true, what you say and think can come true. So stay positive, focused and be aware where your energy goes and what your thoughts are. Our mind is very powerful!
- Create a compelling Vision with reasons that inspire and pull you of your future life as if it has already happened. Everyday read your vision outloud that you wrote out on paper…it makes it more real. Truly believe in that vision too…you must put emotions into your vision to make it feel real now.
FOCUS ON THE RIGHT ACTIVITIES – HAVING GOALS IS A MUST
- Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible to the visible.
- Winners focus on the process, not the end result. Focusing too closely only on the end result can set you up for failure.
- Instead of setting a goal to write a blog post daily…Start with one blog post a week and add another day once you got that down. Being consistent is the key.
- If you find that doing videos 7 days a week is too much and you struggle to do quality content, I would back off and do 3 times a week or once a week and have quality videos over quantity. Quality is always more important than quantity.
- Planning your day/week/month by having goals written out will keep you on track and focused on what you really need to be working on. The stuff that will grow your business is the first thing to work on when you sit down at your desk that day. The little things can come later.
- I know it can be tough day in and out to stay motivated for the long haul. But by making small, deliberate strides forward each day, you can consistently make progress and make your journey far easier on yourself.
- Identify a few key priorities in your business and have laser focus on those priorities until completion and then move on to new priorities.
- Small changes done consistently lead to big results. Consistency is the key to having success.
- If you’re reacting, you’re not planning for the future. Extraordinary results can only be achieved when you’re clear about what matters most.
- Without goals, you are leaving your future to chance.
HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE
- Practice the art of daily accountability and making the small, consistent decisions that lead to big results.
- Accountability does not have to be hard or complex. You can text eachother what you accomplished each day or connect every morning and tell eachother what you are going to get done that day and share later what you did accomplish. Be honest with yourself when you do.
- You can do 30/60/90 day challenges and have it all laid out what is expected of both of you.
- You can have more than one accountability partner. One could be about exercise and healthy eating so you can be accountable to show up when you don't feel like working out. It could be with mindset/personal development, another could be on video marketing or blogging to make sure you are doing videos or blogging consistently etc etc… You will be more productive having an accountability partner.
- Do you want to reach your goals and have more fun getting there? Then you need an accountability partner. This one best practice can change everything for you. It's much harder to let someone else down than it is to let ourselves down.
HAVE SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE GOALS
- Break the numbers down as to how the goal is achievable.
- You can't establish results if you are constantly shifting gears or trying new tactics. Many efforts fail before they get to the finish line, mostly because you didn't stay the course to achieve the objective.
- How are you going to get there? What steps need to be taken to measure those goals?
- What plans and actions executed today and in the future are needed to reach your goal.
- Break the numbers down to show how the goal is achievable. You can't just say I want to make 100,000 more this year. You have to break it down into bite size chunks so you know what is needed each day.
CONSISTENCY ESTABLISHES YOUR REPUTATION
- Your audience (customers) need a predictable flow of information from you. All too often businesses, both small and large, adopt a campaign or initiative only to end it before it gains traction.
- Doing the things to grow your business daily like creating content, requires you to have a schedule that you follow so your audience knows when you will be doing or sharing each thing. Example: If your doing FB Lives every Tuesday and Thursday…you can bet your audience will be waiting for you on Tuesday & Thursday at the time you specified. Or if you blog once a week and post it on a Monday…you need to make sure to keep your word and do it every Monday. If something comes up and you can't, be sure to let your audience know.
- Your audience will lose interest in you if you're not doing what you say your going to do and when you are going to do it. Your reputation is on the line if you are not being consistent with posting your content.
Business growth requires a track record of success. You can't establish a track record if you are constantly shifting gears or trying new tactics. Many efforts fail before they get to the finish line, but not because the tactic was flawed or goals weren't clear. Most of the time you simply didn't stay the course to achieve the objective.
Our willpower allows us to deliberately ignore distractions while staying focused on the task at hand.
Your success ultimately comes down to you. What are you willing to accept in your life. Are you determined to make it work or do you give up at the first obstacle that comes up. Be persistent, set goals, do the work and it will Increase Consistency in Your Business.
Text me: (320) 493-4903 Yes, I am a real person
P.S. If you’re struggling to build your business online and want to work with the right kind of people that produce results, this formula is exactly what you’ve been missing. It's what helped me leave my full time job and work at home. Click here to learn how to generate more leads and cash flow in 7 easy steps.