Tips on Setting Goals for 2015 & how to stick with it.
Everyone makes New Years Resolutions and then about two weeks to a month they no longer work for you. You lost interest or just plain old gave up because you didn't see any results. That's why New Years Resolutions don't work. Goal setting works.
Goal setting is a process that starts with careful consideration to what you want to achieve or accomplish. The end result is hard work to accomplish those goals. Start out with a big picture of each goal you want to reach and then break it down into smaller targets that you have to do to get to the big picture.
Important steps to set into plan to stick to your goals.
Put it in writing and know exactly what your goal is
- Writ out clear decisions on what you are going to do in the new year. You have to put them on paper before they become real. You are way more likely to accomplish those goals when you see them in writing. When you have those goals written down, then ask yourself what will achieving that goal really look like? Be specific as possible about exactly what your desired end result is. On a daily basis you should write out 5-7 things you have to get done for the day. I like to write these out the night before so my game plan for the next day is all ready to go when I wake up. If you have some major goals you need to get done, then only do 3-5 things on your list for that day. When you are able to cross of items on your list, you will feel rewarded for accomplishing those goals. If by chance you don't finish all of them, don't beat yourself over the head because of it. Add the ones you didn't accomplish onto your list the next day. Try to not get into the habit of doing that everyday! You will feel a great accomplishment by achieving the goals you have set.
Set Goals that Motivate you
- Make sure that the goals you set motivate you and are achievable. That there is value in achieving them. You need to have a sense of urgency behind each goal. What is the outcome that it will give you by completing it. Make sure these are goals that you genuinely want to achieve.
- Try to develop goals that are specific as possible. Instead of saying I hope to finish this goal by….. Instead say I am going to finish this goal in two days. Set each goal as a positive statement.
- When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by having too many goals and directs your attention to the most important ones first.
- Take the time to enjoy the satisfaction of achieving each goal and observe where your progress has gotten you. You build your self confidence as you complete each goal. If you have learned something that you have to change other goals because of it, do so. Goals are not set in stone and may need to be adjusted. Any progress you make towards your goal is making progress and should give you a feeling of satisfaction in completing them.
Stick with it and focus on your goals every day
- Remember goal setting is an ongoing activity, not just a means to an end. Your action plan that you have set along the way can change significantly but the end results are always there. Consistent daily action is absolutely necessary to “burn in” the new neural pathways you need to create your new goal. Without daily focus, the old mental habits that have kept you from your goal will continue to take over. This happens automatically-since these old habits replay 24/7 deep in your subconscious mind. The only way to override subconscious anti-success messages is to consciously focus on what you DO want and build new neural networks! That's why success is an every day event. Re-commit to your goal every day. Don't let your goal take a back seat to the daily tasks and distractions that will try to take over. Life WILL try to get in your way every day. Just get and stay on course every day and FOCUS on your goal and on success.
If you don't already set goals, then do so now. Do you want your new year to be better than this year. Setting goals will accomplish that. As you make this technique part of your life and your business, you will wonder how you ever did without it.
Setting goals for 2015 is vital for growing your Business.
Live the life of your Dreams!
It's not only possible….
It's your birthright!
Email Address: [email protected]
FB Fan Page: www.facebook.com/RoxannRoederMarketing
MLSP System: http://RoxannRoeder.bizbuildermastery.com/
Pure Leverage: http://www.pureleverage.com/launch/2?id=RoxannRoeder
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RoxyRoeder
PureLeverage FB Invite: http://instantincomesystem.com/?id=RoxannRoeder
Follow me on Instagram: RoxannRoeder
P.S. Opportunities don't often come along, So when they do, you have to grab them”